Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

For Taylor.

As a girl I feel insecure about a lot of things: my hair, my body, my friends. Most importantly though I feel insecure about boys. One bad thing about being a girl is we overthink. And I don't mean just a little bit, but ALL THE TIME. Everytime I do something I feel like I second guess myself. I shouldn't. Boys make you feel like you're doing everything wrong until you find that special one that makes you feel like you're doing everything right.

But how do you get there? How do you find that special someone? Now I don't even mean getting married, just dating them. Girls beat themselves up day and night because they feel like no one could ever love them. 

The weird thing is all girls feel this way. When you sit in your bedroom crying because nothing is going right, when you feel like no one will ever love you, when you feel so alone; you're really not. Probably every girl that is single is crying about the same exact thing, so you're really never alone. 

Guys make you feel so alone and yet when you get the smallest bit of attention from them, so loved. I hate this. Why do we feel this way? Why can't our knights just show up already? I mean there has to be someone out there for everyone; ugly people get married all the time. So when is it our turn?

"They show up as soon as you stop looking." But...do we really ever stop? There is always going to be that hope inside you telling you this could be him. In the end you shouldn't stop looking, but just be hopeful then when the timing is right, he'll show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment